Healthy Vegan Falafel Balls(Oil-Free, Low-Fat)
I love creating wholesome, delicious, healthy, recipes that are full of flavor. I have been eating these falafels on the regular! I paired them with a giant green salad, tomatoes, cucumber, and topped them with my favorite Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing.
Makes 12 Falafel balls
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice*
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed
*cauliflower rice: process cauliflower in a food processor until you get a rice-like consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas and cauliflower rice. Pulse until ingredients are broken down.
- Add green onion, cilantro, parsley, garlic, optional tahini, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Process all the ingredients until they are well combined and form a dough-like consistency. If it’s too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time.
- Use a cookie scoop, or a measuring spoon if you don’t have one, to put about 2 tablespoons of the falafel dough in your hands.
Roll this dough in your hands to make it nice and round and place the falafel balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake the falafel balls for 10-15 minutes or until they start to get golden. After 10-15 minutes, broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until the tops start to brown. Let them cool and enjoy with a side of Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing.