Healthy Vegan Falafel Balls(Oil-Free, Low-Fat)
I love creating wholesome, delicious, healthy, recipes that are full of flavor. I have been eating these falafels on the regular! I paired them with a giant green salad, tomatoes, cucumber, and topped them with my favorite Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing.
Makes 13 Falafel balls
Macros per Falafel ball:
1g fat/ 7g carb/ 2 protein
Macros per Falafel ball using optional vital wheat gluten:
1g fat/8g carb/6g protein
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (439g)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice* (150g)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (15g)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (15g)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (15g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional) (14g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed
OPTIONAL: Add 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten (60g) to increase the protein.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas and cauliflower rice. Pulse until ingredients are broken down.
- Add green onion, cilantro, parsley, garlic, optional tahini, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Process all the ingredients until they are well combined and form a dough-like consistency. If it’s too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time.
- Use a cookie scoop, or a measuring spoon if you don’t have one, to put about 2 tablespoons of the falafel dough in your hands.
Roll this dough in your hands to make it nice and round and place the falafel balls on the baking sheet.
Bake the falafel balls for 10-15 minutes or until they start to get golden. After 10-15 minutes, broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until the tops start to brown. Let them cool and enjoy with a side of Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing.