These Vegan Meatballs are extremely moist and juicy. They are healthy with essential fatty acids and a whopping 19 grams of protein per serving. WHOA, 19 grams! Eat them on their own, on top of pasta, or enjoy them on a soft French baguette.
Makes 4 servings, about 16 vegan meatballs
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped (about 8 ounces)
- 1 block of tempeh, crumbled with hands
- 1/4 cup walnuts, processed into a powder
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup gluten free vegan bread crumbs, or oat flour.
- Mix flax meal with water in a cup and let stand for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine mushrooms, tempeh, walnuts, onion, Italian spices, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse until all the ingredients are broken down.
- Add fresh parsley, flax meal mixture, wheat gluten, and bread crumbs. Process until you get a sticky doughy texture.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the meatball dough in your hands using a cookie scoop, ice cream scoop, or a measuring spoon.
- Roll the dough in your hands to make them round and place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until they are firm and browned.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Drench them in your favorite marinara sauce and serve on top of pasta or on a soft French baguette. Enjoy.