Heart of Palm “Crab” Cakes
All the fresh without the fish!
Makes 7 servings
Macros per serving: 5g protein / 13g carbs / 7g fat
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (56g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce *optional
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 tablespoon old bay seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Longeve Panko style bread-less crumbs (60g) **set aside 1/4 cup bread-less crumbs for coating
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (6g)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper (30g)
- 2 cans heart of palm, drained and finely chopped (400g)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil or non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium-size bowl, combine vegan mayo, lemon juice, optional Worcestershire sauce, flax meal, old bay seasoning blend, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add 1/3 cup Lonvege crumbs, green onions, red pepper, and hearts of palm. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the mixture into your hands, shape into patties, and set aside. Repeat until all the mixture is used. (6-7 cakes)
- Coat each cake with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, place palm cakes on the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Flip using a spatula.
- Serve and enjoy.
SHOP LONGEVE at Longevebrands.com
Use discount code: Natalie & SAVE 10% off.