This dressing is perfect on top of romaine lettuce, vermicelli rice noodles, steamed vegetables, or anything you can think of. I developed this recipe while I was at the Living Light Culinary Institute. I wanted to create an oil-free dressing, and my absolute favorite flavor is sesame ginger. With the help of my peers Meera and Jeannette, I was able to take my original recipe to a whole new level. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Makes 2 cups.
- 1/2 cup Coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp ginger juice or 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari or liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1/2 garlic clove, pureed
- 1/2 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, agave, and ginger juice.
- Whisk until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Add tahini, tamari, tamarind paste, and garlic.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly add water while continuing to whisk the ingredients.
- Pour in a container and enjoy.