Quick And Easy Baked Tofu Recipe
If you have been following me for a while, I’m sure you know about my obsession with tofu! I love TOFU! The most common question I get is,
How do I prepare tofu?
Here is my go-to, super simple, easy recipe. It is so quick to make, and you can prepare it in advance. This tofu is perfect on toast, on a big salad, with a side of rice, or on its own. This recipe is oil-free and gluten-free. If you want more tofu recipes like this one, check out my amazing Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets with Sweet Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
The key to any good tofu recipe is making sure that you spend the time to properly press the tofu and rid it of all the excess water. I like to place the block of tofu between two cutting boards and weigh it down with anything heavy I have laying around the kitchen. Let it press for at least 20 minutes to make sure it is nice and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu into desired shape. I recommend about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick squares. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the marinade by whisking liquid aminos, agave, garlic granules, onion granules, and pepper until well combined.
- Dip each tofu square in the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Leave some room in-between each tofu square. Save the extra marinade for later.
- Bake the tofu for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, flip the tofu over and coat it with the extra marinade.
- Bake tofu for an additional 12-15 minutes or until browned and golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy.