If you have been following me for a while, I’m sure you know about my obsession with tofu! I love TOFU! The most common question I get is,
How do I prepare tofu?
Here is my go-to, super simple, easy recipe. It is so quick to make, and you can prepare it in advance. This tofu is perfect on toast, on a big salad, with a side of rice, or on its own. This recipe is oil-free and gluten-free. If you want more tofu recipes like this one, check out my amazing Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets with Sweet Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu into desired shape. I recommend about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick squares. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the marinade by whisking liquid aminos, agave, garlic granules, onion granules, and pepper until well combined.
- Dip each tofu square in the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Leave some room in-between each tofu square. Save the extra marinade for later.
- Bake the tofu for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, flip the tofu over and coat it with the extra marinade.
- Bake tofu for an additional 12-15 minutes or until browned and golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy.