This Vegan Curry is a perfect recipe for meal prep or a scrumptious dinner for four. I’m so excited to share this curry recipe with you. This curry takes less than 40 minutes to prepare, it’s high in volume, and delicious. You can easily adjust the ingredients to fit your personal nutritional goals. For this recipe, you will need four meal prep containers.
95.4 Carbs/5.4 Fat/27.6gProtein
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes (14 ounces)
- 4 cups of water (32 ounces)
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils, washed and rinsed (200g)
- 4 cups of raw sweet potato, cut into cubes (400g)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (20g)
- 1 cup chickpeas (260g)
- 1 tablespoon curry spices
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk or coconut milk (4 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (150g)
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice (600g)
- Preheat the oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tofu cubes on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare the curry. In a large soup pot, add water, lentils, sweet potato, nutritional yeast, chickpeas, curry spices, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once the curry is boiling, lower to medium heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, the potatoes and lentils should be fully-cooked. Add the plant-based milk and broccoli, stir, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and remove the tofu from the oven. Stir the tofu into the curry mixture.
- Split rice evenly into the four containers.
- Split curry evenly on top of the rice into each container. Let them cool before covering and placing in the fridge. Enjoy!
Meals will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Just stumbled onto your YouTube station. Can’t wait to try this!
Thank you! Hope you love it as much as I do <3
The chickpeas were dry or from the can? Looks amazing!
Thank you! The chickpeas are from a can.
My husband is an Ironman and I a competitive runner. We are looking at adopting a “plant based” lifestyle. As I meal prep each week, I’m currently researching this lifestyle and trying to get my head around adapting new habits. This looks like a great place to start and a delicious meal to start our prep with. I do have a question, what do I substitute eggs with when I’m cooking. For example if I wanted to make sweet potato hash. Also do you have any other tips or direction?
There’s a bunch of different egg substitutes; it all depends on what you are making. For the sweet potato hash, I would recommend making a simple tofu scramble or using an egg replacer like FOllOW YOUR HEART VEGAN EGG.
SIMPLE TOFU SCRAMBLE RECIPE: Crumble 1 block of extra firm tofu with a fork and cook on medium heat with, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp salt, and pepper. Cook until desired consistency.
Here are some resources for you to look at:
**Vegan Egg by Follow your Heart
**12 Egg Replacements for Baking and Cooking
**24 Ways to Replace an Egg
Hope it helps, best of luck on your journey.
I use “neat egg”. Its a mixture of chia seeds and tapioca flour, I think, and you mix it with a tablespoon of water. So easy, and you can’t taste the difference in any of this dishes I’ve used it on.
Love your recipes, thank you
Are those macros for 1 serving or 4 for tje chickpea curry? Thank you @fitveganchef.
1 serving… There are 4 servings
Oh my gosh I just made this and it is SOOOOO good!! I made another “meal prep” recipe today too from a different blog and it took a lot more time and energy. I LOVE how simple and tasty this is! Thanks for sharing Natalie
I’ts one of my favorites. Thank you for the amazing feedback!
Just made this, was out of broccoli so I substituted bok choy. It was really good, thanks!
OMG! that sounds delish! That’s a great idea…I love Bok Choy.
Have you tried making this in an instant pot? I’m wondering what time I would cook it for
I haven’t, I don’t own one.
My friend did try it and said she prefers the method I share over it.
Just made this today, great recipe!