Welcome the fall with this delicious healthy recipe.
Honeynut Squash is in season! Honeynut squash is a smaller, sweeter variety of butternut squash that I absolutely love. The quinoa salad ideally compliments the sweet squash and my Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing finishes it perfectly. If you don’t have access to honeynut squash, you can substitute it for acorn squash or a small butternut squash.
Makes 8 servings
- 4 honeynut squash, sliced in half lengthwise and deseeded
- coconut oil non-stick cooking spray (optional)
For the Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry, cook according to package)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sliced and deseeded squash on the lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the squash with the optional coconut oil and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, make the filling. In a mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa, parsley, pumpkin seeds, raisins, tomatoes, and lemon juice. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove squash from the oven and scoop 1/4 cup of quinoa mixture into each half.
- Drizzle a generous amount of the Maple Lemon Tahini Dressing, serve, and enjoy.