The Best Vegan Onion Herb Biscuits (Oil-Free)
These biscuits are the best oil-free vegan biscuits you will ever have. I’m not exaggerating! They are incredibly moist and soft on the inside, and if you top them with my Vegan White Bean Gravy, your taste buds will thank you. Bring these biscuits with you to dazzle everyone at your next holiday party or Thanksgiving dinner.
For this recipe to come out perfect, you will need to refrigerate the soy milk and apple sauce in advance. It is critical that the soy milk and apple sauce stay cold throughout the process. Make sure you work fast to get them in the oven while they’re cold, or they won’t rise properly!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs (thyme, parsley, and oregano)
- 2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup cold soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, herbs, onion flakes, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add applesauce, milk, and apple cider vinegar while stirring the dough with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir until the dough sticks together. At this point, you might need to fold the dough with your hands. Be careful not to over mix, you should still be able to see some flour in the dough.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface and carefully flatten it out with your hands.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces and form round discs with your hands. Place the round discs on the baking sheet, making sure the biscuits don’t touch.
- Brush each biscuit with soy milk.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden.
- Serve warm and top with some White Bean Gravy.