This pesto is super creamy and delicious. The pumpkin seeds give it a nice crunch, and the avocado adds some healthy fats and makes it creamy. This pesto is perfect for any pasta dish.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, to taste.
- In a food processor, add basil leaves and pulse to break them down.
- Add garlic, avocado, pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Keep pulsing until all of the ingredients are well combined. Be careful not to over-process the pesto because it could make the herbs bitter.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!