Fettuccine Alfredo was my favorite pasta dish growing up. I promise this sauce tastes better than the real thing.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup broccoli tops (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley, for garnish
- In a blender, add soymilk, cashews, lemon juice, vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- In a medium saucepan add the sauce and cook over medium heat while whisking. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add sauce to the fettuccine pasta and top with optional broccoli and parsley. Enjoy!