Fried rice doesn’t always have to be fried. This rice creates an amazing Asian meal and is best paired with some homemade spring rolls, dumplings, or miso soup. You can have all the fun without the fried!
Makes four cups
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kelp granules (optional)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups of cooked rice (any kind will do, we used a bag of pre-cooked frozen rice to save time)
- 2 Cups steamed vegetables (we used 365 organic coastal blend which consists of corn, carrots, broccoli, and edamame)
- 1/4 cup Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Start by mashing your tofu with a fork or potato masher.
- Heat the crumbled tofu, garlic powder, turmeric, kelp granules, and onion powder in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over medium heat.
- Cook the tofu for approximately 10 minutes or until all of the tofu is slightly browned. Ensure you are constantly stirring the tofu so that it cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Once the tofu is cooked, add the rice, vegetables, liquid aminos, and green onion to your pan. Cook it all together for a few minutes and serve. Grab some chopsticks and enjoy.
I made this tonight, because I saw you do it on your YouTube and I love it! I never would’ve chosen this on my own. Thank you so much. Love!
I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Thank you for trying my recipe. 🙂
Hi! What are the macros for this meal?!
Hey Natalie! Looooove your content always! What are the rough macros of this meal? I know it depends on products. Just wanting to get an idea. Thanks!
What are the macros? Thanks…