Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
Halloween is coming up! and pumpkins are in season.
Treat yourself to a special dessert. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies are ooey, gooey, spooky, and absolutely delicious.
Makes 9-12 servings
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup vegan marshmallows
To really top these off, you can get creative and melt some extra chocolate chips in the microwave, place the melted chocolate into a piping bag, and draw some spider legs. This will make them much spookier!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish. If you are opposed to using oil, use a silicon nonstick mold. Silicon molds are perfect for oil-free baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, flax meal, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder to the mix and continue mixing until you get a batter.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips, pecans, and marshmallows.
- Pour batter in the pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool, cut, serve, and enjoy.