Vegan Pumpkin Pecan French Toast Muffins
I have a slight pumpkin obsession! These Pumpkin Pecan French Toast muffins will blow your mind. For this recipe to come out perfect, you will need a hearty, vegan, artisan bread. If you don’t have access to any fancy bread, use regular sandwich bread. Enjoy these delicious muffins when you wake up on Thanksgiving morning.
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice powder
- 6-8 day-old artisan bread slices, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with non-stick baking cup liners.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, flax meal, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the cubed bread and pecans making sure all the bread is well coated. Let sit for 10 minutes until the bread has soaked up all the liquid.
- Once the bread soaks up all of the liquid, scoop 1/3 cup of the bread mixture into each baking cup.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve straight out of the oven, top with maple syrup, and enjoy.