This tempeh loaf will be the star of any Holiday dinner. This festive dish is healthy, absolutely delicious, and will easily satisfy any omnivore in the room. Serve it with Easy Vegan Smokey Maple BBQ Sauce.
makes 8 servings
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 cups minced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups crumbled unseasoned tempeh
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato, steamed
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, add vegetable broth and onions.
- Cook onions for 3 minutes on medium heat until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to shrink.
- Remove pot from heat and add tempeh, sweet potatoes, parsley, rosemary, thyme, liquid aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mash with a potato masher until all the ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency
- Press the tempeh mixture into the loaf pan making sure to pack it very tightly.
- Bake loaf for an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Flip loaf onto a serving tray, cut, serve, and cover with some delicious Smokey Maple BBQ Sauce. Enjoy