Vegan White Bean Gravy (Oil-Free)
This White Bean Gravy is incredibly creamy and savory. It goes perfectly on top of mashed potatoes, a meatless loaf, or The Best Vegan Onion Herb Biscuits. This delicious recipe is effortless and takes very little time. Enjoy.
Makes 2 1/5 cups
- 1 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried onion granules
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced mixed fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, dill)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, if needed
- In a high-speed blender, mix beans, milk, vegetable broth, liquid aminos, nutritional yeast, onion granules, garlic granules, and pepper. Blend thoroughly on high until smooth.
- Place the gravy in a large saucepan over medium heat. While whisking, slowly add flour, herbs, and salt.
- Cook the gravy for about 5 minutes constantly whisking until the gravy becomes thick.
- Once it reaches the desired thickness, serve warm and enjoy with biscuits.
If the gravy is too thick, you can add more soy milk or vegetable broth to thin in out.