Blueberry Protein Pancakes ⠀
This one has become my new favorite. These pancakes are made with Vital Wheat Gluten. Vital wheat gluten is the protein found in the wheat berry. It’s an easy way to get your protein as a vegan. Vital wheat gluten is the binder and protein in this recipe.
Check out my YouTube video below where I show you how I meal prep these 🥞 amazing pancakes for the week.
Makes 4 servings (approximately 3 pancakes per serving)⠀
Macros: Approximately 380 calories per serving ⠀
49g carbs/4g fat/37g protein ⠀
- 2 cups buckwheat or oat flour (240g) ⠀
- 1 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten (150g)⠀
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (20g)⠀
- 2 tablespoon of stevia or sweetener of choice ⠀
- 1 teaspoon baking powder⠀
- 1 teaspoon baking soda⠀
- 1/8 teaspoon salt ⠀
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar ⠀
- 1 1/2 cup water (10 ounces) or plant-based milk, add more water until reaching a pancake batter consistency. ⠀
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (200g)⠀
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.⠀
- In a mixing bowl, add buckwheat or oat flour, Vital wheat 🌾 gluten, cacao, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.⠀
- Add apple cider vinegar and water. Whisk together until reaching a pancake batter consistency. Add more water if needed. ⠀
- Fold in the blueberries. ⠀
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the pancake batter onto the hot pan. Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side. ⠀
- Repeat step 5 with the rest of the pancake batter.⠀
- Split into 4 equal portions for the week. ⠀
Serve topped with favorite toppings and enjoy.