SAVORY LUPINI BEAN SEITAN
This SAVORY LUPINI BEAN SEITAN is delicious, easy to make & packed with 31 grams of protein 💪🏽per serving.
Makes 4 servings
MACROS per serving:
31g protein/11g carbs/1g fat
- 150g lupini beans (I used a bag of @bramisnacks beans)
- 6 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 120g vital wheat gluten
- 20g nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning or garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking dish with aluminum foil, and lightly spray it with non-stick spray.
- In a blender, add the lupini beans, water, liquid aminos, and liquid smoke, blend until you get a smooth batter consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, and adobo.
- With a spatula fold in the wet ingredients. Once you have folded in all of the wet ingredients, knead the mixture with your hands to form a dough.
- Using a scale, split the dough into 4 equal portions. Using your hands, roll the 4 portions into balls and place them on the aluminum foil lined baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes covered. After 20 minutes, remove the cover and bake an additional 35 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve, and enjoy