Savory Breakfast! Who dis?!?
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know how much I love sweet breakfast dishes. Today I woke up and wanted something savory and high volume. The beautiful thing about flexible dieting is that I can switch things up, and eat whatever my heart❤️ desires, so I did just that! I made this simple tofu scramble using a not so traditional ingredient…ADOBO seasoning. Adobo seasoning is a commonly used spice blend in the Caribean. I grew up in Puerto🇵🇷Rico throwing Adobo seasoning on everything, lol. You can find this seasoning at almost any grocery store in the spice department…Or you can make your own ( I have a recipe for Adobo in my Puerto Vegan Cookbook ) I paired my scramble with some English muffins and nut butter.
Makes 1 serving
Macros: 8g carbs/10g fat/26g protein
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, crumbled (198g)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (5g)
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 30g raw spinach
- 1 tablespoon mild salsa (optional)
- Heat a medium size non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add crumbled tofu and cook for 5 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add nutritional yeast, Adobo, and spinach, and cook until spinach has reduced in size and is bright green. It should not take more than 30 seconds.
- Top with optional salsa.
- Serve warm on its own, on toast, with tortillas, or whatever your heart desires.
Hi Natalie! You are such an inspiration to me. I have been vegetarian for years and needed help trying to become vegan. I tried this recipe and I think I have a substitute for eggs in the AM! So yummy! Keep doing what you’re doing! Thank you!
Thank you for the kind words, this truly means a lot.
I’m so happy you are enjoying the recipes.