Healthy Raw Vegan Spinach Wraps
These wraps are absolutely delicious and nutritious, packed with fiber, essential omega fatty acids, and protein. Use as a soft taco shell, wrap, or a thin pizza. Stuff them with whatever your heart desires. These go perfectly with my Healthy Vegan Buffalo Tempeh recipe and a side of Oil-Free Crispy Fries.
You will need a dehydrator for this recipe.
Makes 6 small wraps or 3 big wraps
- 3 cups frozen spinach, thawed at room temperature and drained
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- In a high-speed blender, mix thawed spinach, water, flaxseed meal, green apple, onion, garlic, and salt. Blend until silky smooth.
- Line 3 dehydrator trays with non-stick silicon sheets. For large wraps, scoop 1 cup of the batter onto each sheet. If you want small wraps, use 1/2 cup and make 2 wraps on each sheet. Spread evenly with an offset spatula until the wraps are about 1/8 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 4 hours.
- Carefully Flip the wraps and dehydrate for an additional 4-5 hours.
- You want to dehydrate the wraps until they are completely dry, but still flexible.
- When they are done cooking, cut the hard edges off with scissors to make them look nice and pretty.
- Let them cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before storing. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.