Makes 6 servings
Macros per serving: 28g protein / 53g carbs / 11g fat
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 170g pea protein crumbles (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend or taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cans of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can of fat free vegetarian refried beans (390g)
- 170g frozen spinach (thawed)
- 60g vegan shredded cheese (1/4 cup)
- 40g cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat water in a medium size pan over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, add protein crumbles and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Add Mexican or Taco seasoning to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- Add half a can of enchilada red sauce to a large baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 5-6 corn tortillas.
- Spread refried beans on top of tortillas.
- Spread cooked protein crumbles on top of refried beans and add half a can of red enchilada sauce.
- Add thawed spinach.
- Layer the reminder of the corn tortillas evenly on top.
- Add one full can of red enchilada sauce on the top. Cover all the corn tortillas with the sauce.
- Top with vegan cheese, cover casserole dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil, and continue baking uncovered for 20 more minutes.
- After baking, remove from the oven and cut into 6 equal portions.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top, serve & enjoy.
Shop Pea Crumbles Here
This looks absolutely delicious, and just the bit of excitement we are looking for in our dinner menu lately. Will be making this this week! Thanks for another great recipe!
This was a great recipe, easy to make and my husband liked it! I cooked half recipe in 8×8 baking dish. Served with small romaine salad and tortilla chips n salsa and roasted asparagus. Grateful for a new vegan recipe to add to our menus. Thank you so much Natalie!
I finally made this after having it bookmarked for months, and am now totally obsessed! So glad I decided to try the Longeve crumbles, would love more recipes with them!! Thank you!
This meal is very easy to make and tastes delicious! I definitely will make this again.
this recipe is an absolute staple. I’ve tried it with red and green sauce and its a yes everytime. Blended 1 chipotle pepper in the sauce just to increase the spice !
I saw you make this on your YouTube channel.
Looking forward to making this myslef
What size can enchilada sauce is to be used for this recipe?
I been watching your YouTube videos ,and im interesting on the quantities of the omelet with a mufing please if you can share the quantities I will appreciated