Makes 6 servings
Macros per serving: 28g protein / 53g carbs / 11g fat
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 170g pea protein crumbles (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend or taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cans of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can of fat free vegetarian refried beans (390g)
- 170g frozen spinach (thawed)
- 60g vegan shredded cheese (1/4 cup)
- 40g cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat water in a medium size pan over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, add protein crumbles and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Add Mexican or Taco seasoning to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- Add half a can of enchilada red sauce to a large baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 5-6 corn tortillas.
- Spread refried beans on top of tortillas.
- Spread cooked protein crumbles on top of refried beans and add half a can of red enchilada sauce.
- Add thawed spinach.
- Layer the reminder of the corn tortillas evenly on top.
- Add one full can of red enchilada sauce on the top. Cover all the corn tortillas with the sauce.
- Top with vegan cheese, cover casserole dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil, and continue baking uncovered for 20 more minutes.
- After baking, remove from the oven and cut into 6 equal portions.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top, serve & enjoy.
Shop Pea Crumbles Here