Vegan Protein Mug Cake
This Mug cake is so delicious and takes no time to make. This is another fun way to use oats in the morning, and you start your day with 32g of protein! It’s like having dessert for breakfast. You can top this Mug Cake with your favorite toppings. I like to add berries and nut butter.
- 1/3 cup oat flour or buckwheat flour (40g)
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten (30g)
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup water (2.6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add out flour, vital wheat gluten, cacao, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the applesauce, water, and apple cider vinegar to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined, or until achieving a cake batter consistency.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, in one-minute intervals. Check every minute until the batter has firmed up just like a cake.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.