I love oats, but whenever I get tired of having them plain, I change it up a bit using the same ingredients and a little imagination to create waffles. These are incredibly delicious, healthy, easy, and quick. This recipe is high in protein, oil-free, gluten-free, and soy-free. For this recipe, you will need a nonstick waffle maker and a mini food processor or blender.
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop plant protein of choice
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water or plant-based milk
Top with fresh berries, peanut butter powder, maple syrup, agave or whatever you want. The possibilities are endless.
- Turn the waffle maker on to the highest heat setting. If you do not have a non-stick waffle maker, spray a little bit of coconut oil to prevent the waffles from sticking.
- In a food processor, combine oats, plant protein, flax meal, cacao powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Pulse 2 to 3 times.
- Add water and process all the ingredients until they are well combined and form a batter.
- Pour batter into the hot waffle maker and wait 1 minute before closing it. Heat waffles for 6-10 minutes or until desired consistency. I like mine crunchy, so I leave them for the full 10 minutes. Repeat the process until all the batter is gone. Enjoy hot.